GWE is keen to hear from Early Career Water and Wastewater Engineers seeking professional development and a work/life balance in a strong growth company
GWE Consulting Ltd is a niche provider of bespoke 3 waters, geotechnical, structural, civil and land development engineering services throughout New Zealand. The company has enjoyed strong growth in recent years, in line with our strategic plan. In August 2019 we relocated to larger offices in Takapuna CBD to meet the needs of our staff and growing client base.
To support this continued growth we have great opportunities for ambitious graduate/intermediate Water and Wastewater engineers.
You will play an important role in the execution of site investigations and the master planning, design and delivery of water and wastewater projects in urban and rural settings with a focus on developing solutions that meet the needs of our clients while at the same time promoting best environmental practice. These projects will include; pipe networks, pumping stations, storage tanks/reservoirs, community treatment plants and land disposal schemes. You will also work closely with our other engineering teams and assist in developing integrated engineering solutions for more complex sites.
Your personal attributes will include;
- Competency in a growing range of Water and Wastewater engineering skills
- An ability to take instructions and work with periodic/limited supervision
- Developing written and verbal communication skills
- A history of successfully completing engineering tasks
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and in team environments
This role would suit an ambitious person who appreciates a company culture that empowers its people to work closely with its clients and is focussed on creating signature projects within a business environment that is more collegial and less corporate.
You will be passionate about succeeding in the engineering discipline you have chosen. Your next goal will be to be recognised and supported by your senior colleagues as having the ability and motivation to achieve chartered status within the profession. You will be challenged to take increasing responsibility for tasks within projects and for whole projects themselves while working with the support framework from senior engineers. You will provide increasing assistance to client relationship and business development programmes, as your skills develop in these areas.
You will have:
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent level tertiary education
- You must have studied and/or worked within NZ and be familiar with local conditions
- 2+ years’ experience with the design and delivery of stormwater engineering projects
What We Offer You
Along with a competitive salary package we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing, including:
- On the job and formal training
- Mentoring for your development towards chartered status
- Membership to a related professional institution
- Graduate networking opportunities
- Flexible Working Arrangements
To apply for this position please submit your CV detailing your experience along with a covering letter telling us a little about yourself to email@example.com or if you would like to learn more about this role you can contact our Technical Director, Colin Cranfield, on 021 776393 or 09 445 8338.