Formosa Country Club, Water Safety Plan
Client: Russell Property Group Ltd
Location: Beachlands, Auckland
Project Value: Undisclosed
Sector: Commercial/Industrial, 3 Waters
The Formosa Golf Club, located at Beachlands, south-east of Auckland, is an 18-hole championship golf course designed by national golf legend Sir Bob Charles. The course includes a significant club house and adjoining luxury accommodation. The club has its own private water supply for the needs of members and guests and for irrigating tees and greens. A recent upgrade of the treatment plant to meet the new requirements of the DWSNZ 2005 (Revised 2018), was managed by GWE.
GWE was engaged to provide the following work:
- Bore Security Assessment to confirm their groundwater source is secure in accordance with Section 4.4 of DWSNZ 2005 (Rev 2018).
- Catchment Sanitary Survey to understand the type, size and risk of the aquifer and its recharge zones.
- Health Risk Management Plan.
GWE successfully prepared the WSP by implementing their in-house water source evaluation and treatment plant process auditing methodologies and health/risk management strategies.
- Source, treatment, storage and distribution audit
- Review of compliance with Drinking Water Standards
- Evaluation of Critical Points and Barriers to Contamination
- Risk Assessment
- Improvement Plan
- Process Control Summaries
- Contingency Planning