KiwiRail, Environmental Compliance Management
Client: KiwiRail Holdings Limited
Project Value: Undisclosed
Sector: Environmental, 3 Waters, Com/Ind
As a trusted advisor to KiwiRail for many years, GWE has been engaged to provide multi-disciplinary environmental and engineering support services for numerous sites across the KiwiRail portfolio.
In late 2020, GWE was commissioned to review all KiwiRail’s consents and permits to ensure compliance and advise on a forward work plan. This initial task has developed into a portfolio of works including:
- The update of the KiwiRail national environmental database to ensure that compliance activity can be prioritised.
- Identification of data gaps in compliance data and provision of recommendations with respect to improvement areas.
- Completion of stormwater and tradewaste compliance monitoring activities including provision of technical reporting in accordance with KiwiRail and regulatory requirements.
- Targeted reviews and audits of site activities to determine compliance with consent and permit requirements. Recommendations were provided with respect to improvement areas (covering both environmental management and engineering elements).
- Development of updated environmental, stormwater and tradewaste management plans for numerous sites. This has included the update of the KiwiRail nationwide standard template for these documents.
- Development of multiple tradewaste permit applications in accordance with regulatory requirements, including negotiation of favourable conditions for KiwiRail.