GWE Consulting Engineers is keen to hear from Senior Professional Civil Engineers seeking career development opportunities and a work/life balance in a strong growth company.
GWE Consulting Ltd is a niche provider of bespoke 3 waters, geotechnical, structural, civil and land development engineering services throughout New Zealand. The company has enjoyed strong growth in recent years, in line with our strategic plan.
To support this continued growth, we have a terrific opportunity for an experienced civil engineer to take a team leader role. This is a key role in our strategic plan and will include a blend of technical, management and client facing activities.
You will have overall responsibility for a team of civil engineers undertaking the investigation, analysis, design and delivery of civil/land development projects in urban and rural settings with a focus on water sensitive design and sustainable management principles. You will also work closely with our geotechnical engineers, contaminated land specialists and process engineers and develop integrated engineering solutions for complex sites.
Your personal attributes will include;
- Strong civil engineering design skills
- Leadership qualities and an aptitude for the management of technical staff
- A track record of producing quality project outputs
- Proven ability in managing budget, quality and programme on multiple projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Successful client relationship management experience
- The ability to prepare winning proposals
- An interest in mentoring staff
This role would definitely suit a self-motivated person who appreciates a company culture that empowers its people to work closely with its clients and is focussed on creating signature projects within a business environment that is more collegial and less corporate.
You will have;
- 7 or more years’ experience working on civil infrastructure projects
- Ideally be chartered or soon to be chartered
- Ability to lead, manage and prepare complete civil engineering design packages
- Management oversight of digital deliverables, revisions and related quality assurance systems
- Capability in the use of Civil 3D, HEC-HMS and HEC-RAS and the ability to review and approve technical outputs
And Your Success
Success in this role will see you quickly elevated on a pathway to inclusion in the company management team. The future will include the opportunity to become a shareholder in the company.
What We Offer You
Along with a competitive salary package we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing, including;
- Mentoring for your ongoing development
- Professional Memberships
- Service Recognition Rewards
- Flexible Working Arrangements
What You Should Do Next
To apply for this position please click here.