GWE Consulting Engineers wishes to hear from Professional Geotechnical Engineers seeking career development opportunities and work/life balance in a strong growth company. GWE is a niche provider of bespoke geotechnical, 3 waters and land development engineering services throughout New Zealand. The company has enjoyed strong growth in recent years, in line with our strategic plan. To support this growth, we have a terrific opportunity for an experienced geotechnical engineer who could move up to a senior role within a 12 month period. This is a key role in our strategic plan and will include a blend of technical and client-facing activities.
Hamilton offices of MGG
You will have responsibility for site investigations, slope stability, liquefaction, lateral spread and other geotech analyses, foundation, retaining wall and pavement design, geotechnical reporting and construction phase monitoring on projects in urban and rural settings. You will also work closely with our civil and infrastructure engineers to develop integrated engineering solutions for complex sites.
Your personal attributes will include:
- Competent geotechnical engineering skills
- An aptitude for the workload management of graduate engineers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A track record of producing quality project outputs
- Developing client relationship management experience
This role would definitely suit a self-motivated person who appreciates a company culture that empowers its people to work closely with its clients and is focussed on creating signature projects in a business environment that is more collegial and less corporate.
You will have:
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent level tertiary education
- You must have worked within New Zealand and be familiar with the local market
- 4+ years’ experience with the design and delivery of geotechnical engineering projects
And Your Success
Success in this role will see you quickly elevated to a senior role and on a pathway to a team leadership role.
What We Offer You
Along with a competitive salary package we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing, including;
- Mentoring for your ongoing development
- Professional Memberships
- Service Recognition Rewards
- Flexible Working Arrangements
What You Should Do Next
To learn more about this role you can send an email to Geraint Walters | firstname.lastname@example.org