GWE’s provides its council clients with all the technical advice required for the planning, consenting, design and commissioning of new treatment plants and for the capacity and/or effluent quality upgrades to existing plants.
GWE offers comprehensive consulting services to territorial authorities facing the many challenges of providing new or replacing ageing wastewater infrastructure and complying with environmental regulation.
Our wastewater team includes process, mechanical and civil engineers who can draw on a range of local and international wastewater project experience for the benefit of our clients and the facilities they manage.
Municipal Wastewater – What We Do
We are experienced in the complete project lifecycle from feasibility studies through to outline and detailed design, implementation and commissioning of treatment plants, pipelines and pump stations. Our integrated approach to the development of project solutions builds value for our council clients and the communities they serve. We provide our clients with the following services,
- Master planning and options identification
- Resource consents and AEE documentation
- Process and plant design
- Land disposal systems
- Pipeline and pump station design
- Tendering and construction management
Master Planning and Options Identification
Our team undertakes high level master planning for municipal water infrastructure to assist with identifying long term infrastructure requirements. This includes:
- High level option identification and business case development
- Cost estimation (capital and operational)
- Identification of planning and resource consenting issues
- Risk assessments
- Multi-criteria analysis and other option evaluation techniques
Process and Plant Design
GWE’s team of engineers undertake the design of plant and processing equipment for the treatment of wastewater prior to discharge to the environment. This includes:
- Review of existing treatment processes to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement
- Process design for new wastewater plants
- Design of civil structures and mechanical plant
- Design and automation of chemical dosing and storage facilities
- Operational improvements, operational support and training
Pipeline and Pump Station Design
GWE assists its clients with the design of pipeline and pump stations for water and wastewater networks. Our team is highly experienced in hydraulic design, route selections, materials selection, water hammer analysis and construction techniques for pipelines and pump stations operated by councils. GWE is also able to assist with remedial works on existing water and wastewater networks to reduce leakage and inflow/infiltration.
Tendering and Construction Management
GWE’s engineering team assists its clients in all areas of project implementation. We support our clients by providing independent advice and taking due regard of best industry practice.
- Preparation of tender documents
- Tender evaluation
- Construction management
- Operator Training